L-Ascorbic Acid crystals 4.5g
Vit-C Plus offers the highest grade ultrafine Vitamin C available – pure L-ascorbic acid crystals combined with the skin lightening power of Kojic acid.
Synergie Practitioner harnesses L-ascorbic acid crystals in dry form rather than traditional water-based serums. L-ascorbic acid is unstable as an aqueous serum and will have a short period of effectiveness in solution. Often Vitamin C serums change colour after a few weeks due to break down (oxidation) of the Vitamin C. When using the pure L-ascorbic acid crystals in a powder form, the Vitamin C is activated when a liquid component is added (such as Hydrogel or SuperSerums). this way the ingredient is always active for maximun activity on the target cells.
Key Ingredients and Benefits
Pure L-Ascorbic Acid
- Promotes collagen and elastin production to reduce the appearance of fine lines and regenerate ageing skin
- Enhances tissue repair making it excellent as scar therapy
- Antioxidant properties protect skin cells from harmful UV free radical damage. It neutralises free radicals before they can damage the skin and is the ideal partner to physical sunscreen.
- A potent anti-inflammatory recommended following clinical treatments to reduce inflammation
- Possesses a skin lightening effect by suppressing excess melanin production
- Enhances skin hydration
This natural mushroom-derived ingredient exhibits a higher safety profile than hydroquinone and possesses the ability to reduce the appearance of skin pigmentation by inhibiting the tyrosinase enzyme which stimulated melanin production. It is also a powerful antioxidant and antimicrobial agent. Kojic acid tends to be unstable in solution so adding it in dry form to the L-ascorbic crystals preserves its efficacy and stability.
Directions for use
Use in the morning. Tap a small amount of Pure C into the palm and dissolve at a ratio of 1:4 parts crystals to serum over the face and neck. Mix with:
- Hydrogel for oily skin
- SuperSerum for ageing skin and fine lines
- Exfol-X to combat congestion and sun damage
- VaNish for hyperpigmentation
Do not combine with Vitamin A or Vitamin B serums. Follow with UberZinc or Synergie Minerals foundation for broad spectrum UV protection.