Permanent hair reduction for that sexy, smooth feel
Unwanted hair can be a problem for both men and women. If you are seeking the best hair reduction laser treatment Sydney has to offer, read on.
That sexy, smooth feel and clean, beautiful look of hair-free skin can be yours thanks to a course of permanent hair reduction treatment at our skin and laser clinic. We’re in the Sydney CBD, which makes for easy lunch-break treatments if you work in the city.
With our medical grade lasers to treat all body parts and most skin types you will see results quickly. Within a short course of six to eight treatments spaced approximately four to six weeks apart, you will see a significant reduction in hair regrowth.
The laser treatment Sydney has fallen in love with has become very popular in the past few years because of the great benefits it provides over other treatment options such as waxing or electrolysis.
The benefits of hair reduction laser treatments at a glance
Laser treatment for hair removal is:
- Quick and relatively painless
- Able to achieve 80 to 90 per cent reduction in hair regrowth
- Relatively inexpensive
The common areas we treat are:
- Chest and belly
- Upper lip
Signed up for a course of laser hair reduction?
Here’s what you need to know
Eight weeks before your treatment:
- No waxing, plucking or electrolysis of area to be treated. This will ensure hair shaft is present when treatment occurs. Normal shaving is recommended
Two weeks before your treatment:
- Avoid excessive sun exposure
- Use 30+ SPF sunscreen to protect the skin.
- Do not use vitamin A for two weeks before treatment day
- We recommend you shave the area to be treated the day or evening before treatment (shaving at True Skin may be charged at $35)
Day of treatment
- Treatment area is clean and free of make-up
The best thing about IPL is that recovery is quick and painless. Most of the time, you should be able to go back to the work immediately. After your treatment, you may see some redness that lasts for about 15 minutes. Discomfort should be minimal.
- Do not apply hot water to the treated area.
- Keep the area moist and protected with 30+ SPF sunscreen.
- Avoid sun exposure for at least two weeks after treatment and avoid ultraviolet light and tanning beds, especially for the first 48 hours. This will minimise the risk of increased pigmentation in the skin.
- Do not shave while the area is red
- Avoid any aggressive skin care products such as scrubs, exfoliants and alpha or beta-hydroxyl acid products
- Avoid excessive heat exposure from sources such as saunas, steam rooms, hot showers or baths, and do not exercise strenuously for at least 24 hours. This prevents the risk of blistering
Keep clothing from rubbing the treated area and avoid other irritation to the area.
- Do not allow hairspray to get on the treated area
Notify the clinic should you observe prolonged redness, excessive puffiness, or other unusual side effects.
Specific instructions about cleansing, moisturising and sunscreen use will be provided to you on the day of your treatment.
What you can expect from your hair removal treatment
In the weeks following your treatment, hairs will fall out. About 20 to 30 per cent of the hair treated will be destroyed and will not return. After each treatment the hairs that remain will become fewer, less dense and finer.
The hair loss can be patchy after the first few treatments, this is normal and expected. However will become less noticeable toward the end of the treatment regime. Any major missed patches will be touched up a few weeks after a treatment, if needed.
Don’t put up with unsightly excess hair any longer. Contact us now on 0415 620 008 for your initial consultation.